Our re-opening across the pubs is a staged process and will evolve. Things are different. We are very restricted on customer numbers and operating with much smaller teams. Gusto hospitality remains key to everything we do and we are determined that ‘Less really is more’. The safety and well-being of our team and our customers is at the heart of our plans and everything has been designed to comply with all government guidance and legislation.
We are in a Tier 2 area which is a local Covid alert level of High. This means that you can only mix indoors with people that you live with (or have formed a support bubble with) and we can only serve alcohol with a substantial meal. You can find more information here:
the one bull & vino gusto
We’re a pub and a wine shop.
We’re open for meals and drinks from our weekly menu (and a roast on Sundays) from 3rd December. To enable our kitchen team to work safely, our menu is only available for up to 40 people at each service. You can view our opening hours here:
Eating and drinking is in socially distanced, seated areas only with full table service. We come to you to take your order, bring your food and drinks and take payment (by card only) at your table. We can only serve alcohol with a substantial meal.
In addition to our usual drinks, we can also offer you a huge range of wines to drink in by the bottle – our entire wine shop range which is 170+ wines:
We have tables for up to 80 customers including diners.
We’ve moved our wine shop into a designated space and are limiting customers to a maximum of 3 at a time in this area.
keeping everyone safe
We want to reassure everyone who visits (or is considering visiting) us that we have always taken cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and will continue to do so. We have carried out a risk assessment and our Staying Covid-19 Secure certificate is on display. We use Suma Bac D10 to sanitise which is effective against corona viruses. Your table is cleaned between each use and you will be served by one team member (where possible) at your table who will follow a frequent hand washing regime and do their utmost to socially distance from you. Cutlery is put on the table after you arrive and salt and pepper mills are sanitised before each use. Payment is by card only. Current government guidance permits 1 metre plus social distancing where other mitigating factors are in use, such as frequent hand washing or use of sanitising gel, increased cleaning of frequent touch points, good ventilation and clear signage around the building.
We need to ask a few things of you if you’re coming in to the wine shop or the pub to keep us all safe:
- Don’t visit us if you have any symptoms.
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the building except when you are at your table.
- You can only sit with your household (including support bubble).
- We can only serve alcohol with a substantial meal.
- Respect social distancing & don’t interact with other groups during your visit. Once you are seated at your table, please stay there (unless you need to visit the toilet) & we’ll bring everything to you.
- Your name & contact details must be recorded for NHS Test & Trace. Please scan our QR code on arrival using the NHS Covid-19 app to check yourself in & leave the confirmation screen open (or we can record your details). If you are part of a group, we will record the details of one person unless everyone has checked in on the NHS app. If you pre-book, we will provide your details from our booking system to Test & Trace if required.
- Children are welcome but must remain with you at your table (unless visiting the toilet when we ask you to go with them).
- Follow good hand hygiene by washing your hands or using sanitising gel. Avoid touching your face & cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Payment is by card only.
- We ask you not to pick up bottles in our wine shop unless you’re buying (but if you forget, let us know & we’ll give them a sanitising wipe).
We’ve tried to keep our rules to a minimum but are 100% focused on keeping everyone safe and will ask you to leave if you don’t stick to these. Please be kind and respect our team, they are working really hard to make your visit enjoyable and safe. If you’d like to get in touch, you can e-mail us at email@example.com.
We want to thank you for your support, it is much appreciated.